Saturday, November 13, 2010

is my best friend heyyyy bella its leilaa ur my best frienddd everrrr and so is livvyy and thats probebly what i have a picture of
from a 401 phone number, Saturday, November 13, 8:53 AM EST

Believe it or not, this is my 2,000th posting to the Leila Texts blog. Honest to God.

I have spent nearly three and half years of my life transcribing misdirected text messages, and now I have a collection of 2,000 of them. This is a major milestone. I think we can safely say that no one else, ever, has compiled more text messages intended for strangers named Leila.

In the spirit of this moment in Leila Text history, I'm glad to be able to share this text message from 401. It is all about friendship, the true foundation for the Leila Texts. (Except for the ones that say, "Leila i hate u.")

If you have some spare time, take a look through the 2,000 archived posts. No two are exactly alike. (Text messages are like snowflakes, apparently.) And if you've run out of Leila Texts to read, you can always read my book. It's not about text messages, but you still might like it: http://www.amazon.com/Mostly-Good-Girls-Leila-Sales/dp/1442406798

1 comment:

Stranger Kate said...

Dammit, I tried to text Leila on my new Verizon phone and it DIDN'T WORK! That's got to be irony, right?

Here's my cruelly quashed text:
I've been giggling uncontrollably at this blog. You are so witty!

Still laughing out loud. :)