Wednesday, November 21, 2007

FWD: FWD: Ok this is freaky send this to 8 people then look at ur wallpaper! ?*3(r)!n*?
from a 360 phone number, Saturday, November 10, 10:49 PM

Ok this is freaky send this to 8 people then look at ur wallpaper.
from a 480 phone number, Sunday, November 11, 7:09 PM

FWD:FW: From: 503xxxxxxx Msg: FWD: FWD: Ok this is freaky send this to 8 people then look at ur wallpaper.
from a 480 phone number, Monday, November 12, 9:47 AM

FWD: FWD:FWD:Fwd:FWD: FWD: FWD: FWD:FWD:FWD: FWD:FWD: FWD: FWD: FW:)Ok this is freaky send this to 8 people then look at ur wallpaper! <3
from a 917 phone number, Monday, November 12, 2:23 PM

FWD:--ORIGINAL MSG: forward this to ten of your friends and then look at your wallpaper. don't get mad this is funny.
from a 404 phone number, Monday, November 19, 7:25 PM

Wow. This is easily the most popular chain text I have ever received (and I receive a lot of chain texts, being, as I am, Leila). I mean, I got it from five DIFFERENT people over the course of nine days.

I'm still not going to forward it to eight people, though it is true that, the more you hear something, the more likely you are to believe it to be true. Having gotten this text from so many sources, I'm kind of beginning to accept it as fact. Yet the rational part of my brain is still like, "Why would it make any difference to my wallpaper if I sent the same text eight times? That makes no scientific sense whatsoever." But then again, neither do the Leila Texts. Cell phones do crazy things sometimes, I hope this blog demonstrates. So maybe they do crazy things with their wallpapers. Who knows?

It's a pity it isn't "Ok this is freaky receive this from 8 people and then look at ur wallpaper!" Because then I would already be more than halfway there.

No comments: