Sunday, August 10, 2008

come over tonight for olympics. we're going to do shots each time the chinese announcer guy mispronounces a country. :)
~*tischa*~

from an 814 phone number, Friday, August 8, 6:13 PM

You see? This is what they mean when they say the Olympics unifies the nation, not to mention the world. Now, I didn't watch the opening ceremonies with ~*tischa*~. But I did watch them. And through the mass medium of television, Tischa and I and millions of others were, for a few hours on Friday, connected.

(Though I would like to go on record as saying that I, unlike ~*tischa*~, did not do a shot every time a Chinese announcer mispronounced a country's name because I, unlike ~*tischa*~, try to minimize racism in my life.)

1 comment:

Dan B said...

Can't we make fun of people's accents without it being racism? I think there is a proud comedic tradition of mocking national accents.. it doesn't mean we love them any less. I've got a regional accent... I think it's ok to mock me for it.. I'll laugh...

I hate the olympics... except curling... I like curling.