Thursday, February 28, 2008

Leila kaz just told me tha kaelen is going to assk me out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
from a 914 phone number, Wednesday, February 27, 6:16 PM

Leila kaz just told me tha kaelen is going to assk me out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go to my commenmtaa
from a 914 phone number, Wednesday, February 27, 6:24 PM

I understand that this is easily the most consequential thing to happen in 914's entire life, so I don't fault her for re-sending this text message when Leila failed to respond within the first eight minutes. What I don't understand, though, is the random string of letters at the end of the re-sent message. "commenmtaa"? Is that like "comment," only with the suffix "mtaa"? "Go to my comment" makes no sense, either.

That technicality aside, I'm really on pins and needles here. Was Kaz right? Did Kaelen ask you out, 914 girl? Don't you want to text your friend Leila and update her on this situation, please?

8 comments:

cromwell_the_3rd said...

I think it's awesome that you are doing this. It's so curious... I love how you are predicting what kind of people they are and fitting pieces of their lives together. It's a huge anthropological puzzle!

Anonymous said...

OK can I say how awesome this blog is? Way to turn an annoyance for you into something totally entertaining for the world.

Anonymous said...

Hey!

My friend just sent me a link to your blog because . . . I'm a Leila too! I know that we're pretty rare so this is fun for me. I don't have a cell phone though so none of these could have been meant for me. Too bad. I wish I could shed some light on things for you.

Anonymous said...

I think I know why you're getting "l-e-i-l-a" texts--"leila" is probably your nickname for @vtext.com. To confirm this, just log into your Verizon Wireless account, go to "preferences", then click on "nickname".

-dbc

Anonymous said...

I love this blog so much.

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited that my best friend is an online celebrity! You're totally the next Perez Hilton, except not fat and annoying.

<3

Leila Sales said...

Thanks, everyone! Glad you like it.

Leila-- I'm sorry you don't have a Verizon phone, because I cannot wait for the day when some Leila comes across this blog and actually knows where some of these texts come from and can tell me if I'm right or wrong. That will be so exciting.

Alli-- <3 you, too. If I'm Perez, can I please start commenting on VH1 "list" shows, alongside Michael Ian Black?

Anonymous said...

The person in the text probably meant "go look at my myspace comments". That's the only thing that would make sense to me.