Saturday, March 1, 2008

What was the damage? A couple of grand and a dead stripper or two?
from a 917 phone number, Thursday, February 28, 6:45 PM

Since Brooklyn Based ran a piece about the Leila Texts yesterday, I have received a number of texts from people (mostly in the Brooklyn area) who want to talk to me about my blog. Then there's this one, which is obviously a ploy to get a text featured in this blog.

I mean, COME ON. "A couple of grand"? "A dead stripper or two"? If this text had come from any other area code, I might have accepted it as a legitimate misdirected Leila Text; as it is, 917 guy, I see right through you. Same goes for any 212, 646, or 718 phones that might have texting capabilities, just in case that was your backup plan.

1 comment:

algae said...

Oh, what a great article! Time to upgrade your text plan...