Sunday, March 23, 2008

FWD: FWD: Pass a butterfly )i( along to everyone that has ever made you laugh, smile, love or been there for you. Hope i get one.
from a 618 phone number, Saturday, March 22, 5:17 PM

This text had remarkable timing. Not two hours before I received it, I was having a conversation with the author of a book called The Secret Rites of Social Butterflies. She was commenting that butterflies seemed to be all the rage nowadays. I was like, "I guess it's true. I just yesterday finished another book with 'butterfly' in its title, called The Patron Saint of Butterflies." And then I got this text message! So apparently the author was right: Butterflies ARE all the rage. You could even say butterflies are "in the air."

Ha, ha, ha.

Also, even if you don't know what a butterfly looks like, you don't need to feel left out of this new cultural phenomenon. 618 has helpfully illustrated it for you: )i(

No comments: